Friday, April 6, 2012

Jordan and Palestine

 A Palestinian who lives in Jordan; having to be silent.. Doesn’t have the right to criticize or say anything in loud.. Having great dreams but unable to achieve.. Have to claim the agreement with both; the Jordanian authorities and the Palestinian’s.. Both people from both sides look at them as being disloyal; Jordanians claim them not to have loyalty to the king and Jordan, and Palestinians in the west bank claim them to be living in heaven and don’t know anything about the real situations in there.. Doesn’t know how to answer the normal question; (where are you from?!).. The whole world look at them as being terrorists but most of them have never saw a gun or any kind of weapons in their whole lives.. A refugee and a citizen at the same time.. Know nothing about their future or the end of that path.. Trying to stick to their culture but the world is trying it’s best to hide anything related to their heritage.. Trying to forget about the past to live the present but in both ways don’t know how to defend their rights.. Think that nobody is staying by their side but doing their best to satisfy all sides.. Just like a strange look with no features guiding their ways.. Growing up with a deep belief that someday they will proudly refer to their homeland as their home that day.. Dreaming about living in peace, laughing and dreaming about the olive trees.. But doing nothing to acheive their dreams.. Different roots and different looks from the world.. UNRWA didn’t buy them homes  or land but rent them land to defend their rights to return, but more than 60 years have already passed but their return is still a stranger and not an expected thing at least in the near future.. Just like strangers in a very familiar place (or it should be; the only place they have always knew).. But to sum it up I will write my own opinions in that:
 first of all I say; I believe that everybody have the right to criticize; I don’t think Abbas is perfect and don’t agree with Hamas.. Not having all of my freedoms in Jordan isn’t alright!
 To the world I say; I am a Palestinian living in Jordan and I am a peaceful human!
 To the Jordanians I say; I am loyal to this land.. it’s the only land I’ve ever known.. Jordan and Palestine is originally one land! 
 To the Palestinians in the west bank I say; the thought of Palestine I hold dear in my heart and mind.. I’ve lived the worst moments of missing my homeland and seeing kids dying and remembering how my family left their home and land! the Israelis children have the right to live and have their lives protected just as any other child!
 To the Israelis I say; I know you should have rights.. your lives should be sacred just as mine.. and a Palestinian child isn’t always a potential terrorist so at least don’t kill the mere hope of a brighter future for you and I.. you spend your whole lives building a home and I respect that!
 To the past, present and future I say; no matter what happened I will always stick to my freedoms of all kinds no matter how hard everybody tried to silence my rights!

No comments:

Post a Comment